Did you miss the information meeting about USI and the Swedish Research Institutes in Rome, Athens and Istanbul? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to get the presentation for masters, doctoral candidates, teachers or researchers.
USI offers master’s courses in cooperation with the Swedish Research Institutes in Rome, Athens and Istanbul. You will gain international experience and new perspectives. Together with students and teachers from different universities, disciplines and academic traditions you will be given the opportunity to take part of new knowledge, but also to put your knowledge into practice.
For one to two weeks you will be doing fieldwork on location in the respecitve cities and regions. Through the Swedish Research Institutes and our established contacts with universities in the region you will get the opportunity to meet local experts and be able to explore conditions on site.
All of our courses are cross-disciplinary. The courses are offered through a cooperation between a Swedish university and a Research Institute, and open for participation for master´s students in all USI universities. Your application should be submitted through antagning.se unless stated differently in the course information given below.
Please see the websites of the respective institutes to find out which courses they offer each year. New USI courses are planned for the autumn 2024 and spring 2025.
Autumn 2024: Lived Religion: Representation and Practise 7,5 ECTS credits Stockholm University in cooperation with the Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul, will be open for application for master´s students from all USI universities through antagning.se. More information about this course can be found here.
Below you can see previous courses given by USI.
- Water – Resourcehandling in Time and Space – 7.5 ECTS
- Istanbul – cultural encounters, monuments and identity between East and West – 15 ECTS
- Multilingualism and mobility – Istanbul as a case Study – 15 ECTS
- Refugees, Rights and Realities – 7,5 ECTS
- Communicative variation in time and space – 7.5 ECTS
- Perception and Politics of Migration – 7.5 ECTS
- Religious traditions and cultural memory at the crossroads of Europe and Asia – 15 ECTS
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Ancient and Modern Democracy: the Challenges of an Ancient Idea in the Modern World – 7,5 ECTS
- ‘Peoples of the Books’ – Islamic and Jewish Culture in Medieval Europe