USI offers master’s courses around the Mediterranean area. You will gain international experience and new perspectives. Together with students and teachers from different universities, disciplines and academic traditions you will be given the opportunity to take part of new knowledge, but also to put your knowledge into practice.
For one to two weeks you will be doing fieldwork on location in the Mediterranean region. Through the Swedish Institutes and our established contacts with universities in the region you will get the opportunity to meet local experts and be able to explore conditions on site.
All of our courses are cross-disciplinary and open for applications for everyone with a bachelor’s degree. The courses are offered through a cooperation between several Swedish universities. Your application should be submitted through antagning.se unless stated differently in the course information given below.
- Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Ancient and Modern Democracy: the Challenges of an Ancient Idea in the Modern World – 7,5 ECTS
- ‘Peoples of the Books’ – Islamic and Jewish Culture in Medieval Europe
Below you can see previous courses given by USI. These courses may still be offered in the future.
- Water – Resourcehandling in Time and Space – 7.5 ECTS
- Istanbul – cultural encounters, monuments and identity between East and West – 15 ECTS
- Multilingualism and mobility – Istanbul as a case Study – 15 ECTS
- Refugees, Rights and Realities – 7,5 ECTS
- Communicative variation in time and space – 7.5 ECTS
- Perception and Politics of Migration – 7.5 ECTS
- Religious traditions and cultural memory at the crossroads of Europe and Asia – 15 ECTS